SPECIAL OFFER: Join AIA Health and get as much as $400 in NMFC membership credit. Use promo code ROOS21. T&Cs apply.
- Hospital excess
- Australian Government Rebate The Australian Government Rebate (AGR) is an amount the government contributes towards the cost of your private health insurance. The rebate is income and age-tested, which means your eligibility to receive it is determined by your age and how much you earn.
- No Australian Government Rebate applied
- Lifetime Health Cover loading Lifetime Health Cover (LHC) is a government initiative that encourages people to purchase and maintain private patient hospital cover earlier in life. If you have not taken out and maintained private patient hospital cover from the year you turn 31, you will pay a 2% LHC loading on top of your premium for every year you are aged over 30, if you decide to take out hospital cover later in life. If you have a partner on your policy, the loading is based on the average of your ages.
- Age-based Discount If you’re between the ages of 18 and 29 you’ll receive an Age-based Discount on your hospital cover. This discount is calculated at 2% for each year you are under 30, up to a maximum of 10% for those aged between 18 and 25 and is maintained for 10 years. If you have a partner on your policy, the discount you’ll receive is based on the average of your ages.
- 5% discount on your premium if you have AIA Vitality Simply achieve AIA Vitality Silver Status before December 31 each year to maintain the discount for the following year. If you join after September 30 in a given year, you will have until 31 December of the following year. Please see our Member Guide for more information.
- $7.50 monthly AIA Vitality fee per eligible adult Access to AIA Vitality for up to two adult members aged 18 or over. To purchase the product without AIA Vitality please call us on 1800 333 004.
- 30-day cooling-off period If you change your mind (and you haven’t made any claims) you can cancel your cover within 30 days of joining and you will receive a full refund by calling us on 1800 333 004.